[mpi3-coll] Non-blocking Collectives Proposal Draft

Supalov, Alexander alexander.supalov at intel.com
Thu Oct 16 16:00:39 CDT 2008

Dear Torsten,

Thank you. The pt2pt progress comment below was taken into account when
you removed the nonblocking collective progress description.

As for the example, if it is legal, we should probably count the
blocking operations as well when we decide how many simultaneous ops are
to be supported.

Why "if" above: I'm not sure what a delayed nonblocking barrier would
mean for process 1. Won't one process possibly block somewhere? Can you
explain this please?

The format matter is complicated. I think it is worth discussing at the
Forum as we're likely to have more and more proposals approaching the
final stage, when editing them in PDF format will become an issue.

Best regards.

Alexander