[mpi3-coll] Non-blocking Collectives Proposal Draft

Torsten Hoefler htor at cs.indiana.edu
Wed Oct 15 16:20:55 CDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 04:03:48PM -0500, Rajeev Thakur wrote:
> I will just add that if you go to www.dictionary.com and look up
> "nonbelligerent", it doesn't have a hyphen. In the left column, under
> "Browse nearby entries" you can scroll through a boat load of "non" words
> that don't have a hyphen. If you look up
> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nonbelligerent, at the bottom it
> shows the MLA style and APA style also without the hyphen.
yes, but this whole thing is very ambiguous. I entered non-blocking at
www.dictionary.com which was not found, but the "Reference suggestions"
show all three ways of writing it (1 x nonblocking, 1 x non blocking and
3 x non-blocking). And try to click on "non blocking" - it leads to a
webpage with that only lists non-blocking. This is very unclear to me.

Do you know a way to access MLA or APA online? This is getting
interesting! I don't even know a rule how to do this in German. It would
be interesting to know if there is a rule in English.

Actually, try "cat /usr/share/dict/words | grep blocking" on your
machine (not that this would mean anything more).

I guess we will have (an amusing) vote on this in Chicago!

All the Best,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Hoefler       | Postdoctoral Researcher