[mpi3-coll] Nonblocking collectives standard draft

Greg Bronevetsky bronevetsky1 at llnl.gov
Mon Dec 1 11:10:26 CST 2008

>There is already a ticket for MPI-2.2 to deprecate it. However, there
>was some discussion. We will discuss this again at the next meeting.
>Until then, I just leave the text as is. Please let me know if you have
>a proposal for better wording.

Yes, that sounds best. The issue with the ticket is that it breaks
existing programs and therefore doesn't work for 2.2. However, if we
agree that MPI_Request_free is a bad idea, we can push for its
removal as part of the 3.0 working groups. If we succeed, we won't
need to worry about this text.

Greg Bronevetsky
Post-Doctoral Researcher
1028 Building 451