[Mpi3-bwcompat] MPI Backward Compatibility Working Group

Rajeev Thakur thakur at [hidden]
Fri Mar 11 22:05:34 CST 2011

What was the motivation for the new MPI_Type_get_extent_x and MPI_Type_get_true_extent_x functions?

If we say MPI_Count should be at least as large as MPI_Aint, why can't we just use MPI_Aint instead? The data buffer can't be larger than Aint size. I know that for I/O MPI_Offset can be larger than Aint, but this proposal does not solve the I/O problem as far as I know.

https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/265

Rajeev