[Mpi3-bwcompat] Ticket 265 ready for review

Solt, David George david.solt at [hidden]
Thu Feb 3 21:42:21 CST 2011

Attached is a first draft at the pdf.   I'm having trouble with chapter 4, my "ticket" sections are being applied to strange texts that I didn't mark, etc.   I'll work on it more tomorrow, but the new text is there (just in the wrong color).

Here are some issues I came across as I did the pdf.   I did NOT change these in the tex/pdf yet, but bring them to your attention first:

P16, line 13 change:  "width and encode address values" should be "width and encode count values"  or "width and encode an number of datatype values" ?

MPI_Scatterw definition uses sendtype in the argument list, but sendtypes in the argument list description.

The "examples" (really in-line code) uses ';' for argument separators, is that "normal"?

The displs description for MIP_Allgatherw uses some parenthesis not used in other displs descriptions.

There are various lists of collective routines on page 137 (5.2.2) that should now include the w versions we added?

The ticket lists Chapter 4 twice, but the second occurrence is meant to be Collectives.

One thing I did change in the tex/pdf:   In places where Fab added a _X function call and just added it in the ticket as if it should just be combined with the non-_X version, but the format of the tex/standard does not allow for this, the function needs to have its own separate presentation in order to use the tex macros.

A general MPI problem (not specific to this ticket)... we often describe operations with the term: "specifying the number of elements to send to each processor".  But processor/rank should not be used interchangeably.

Thanks,
Dave