[Mpi3-bwcompat] MPI-3 Backwards compat meeting tomorrow

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at [hidden]
Wed Jul 7 07:19:12 CDT 2010

On Jul 6, 2010, at 11:59 PM, Fab Tillier wrote:

> Ok, I need a little Fortran help. :)

Don't we all?  :-)

> Example 4.1.14, page 112, the calls to MPI_Type_vector passes a blocklength of 1.  How do I change the example to specify that the '1' is of type MPI_COUNT_KIND?

Do you mean example 4.1.13?  I don't see the use of MPI_Type_vector in 4.1.14...

The easiest way to pass a "1" of MPI_COUNT_KIND through as a parameter is to declare a new variable of that type and then pass that.  I know there's a way to cast an integer to that type in the call to MPI_TYPE_VECTOR itself (i.e., without making a new variable), but I don't remember the exact syntax.

    INTEGER (kind = MPI_COUNT_KIND) :: count
    count = 1
    call MPI_TYPE_VECTOR(9, count, 2, MPI_REAL, oneslice, ierr)

Make sense?

jsquyres_at_[hidden]
For corporate legal information go to: