[Mpi3-bwcompat] Stealing the working group

Quincey Koziol koziol at [hidden]
Thu Jan 7 06:54:23 CST 2010

Hi Dave,

On Jan 5, 2010, at 1:04 PM, Solt, David George wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Ok, MPI_Count/long send counts is the backward compatibility WG's charter, but I'm hoping that this is a good set of the Forum to run my slide deck by.  I'm trying to put together a status and a proposal of this issue for the next meeting so that we don't spend 50% of our time there talking about this again with no resolution.   (50% of our time would be ok if we came to a resolution).  I won't be there so I'm also going to look for volunteers to present this.  I may get someone from Platform Computing, since they are ex-HP-MPI people who initially created this ticket, but if someone is really interested to present it, let me know.  So, if you could look at these slides and give me feedback, that would be great!

        Looks reasonable...  A typo: Slide #5 says "much use -i8" instead of "must use -i8"  I would personally combine option #2 with option #3 (using a type in Fortran 90+ and leaving the Fortran 77 interface alone).

> Also, don't forget we are schedule to meet this coming Friday.

        Yes.  What's on our agenda?

        Quincey