[Mpi3-abi] For the April MPI Forum Meeting

Supalov, Alexander alexander.supalov at [hidden]
Thu Apr 24 03:16:12 CDT 2008

Thanks. Can we add MPICH2? It's different from MPICH. Also, there's
slight drift between different MPICH2 versions. Should we address this
at all, or just go for the latest and greatest (1.0.7)?

-----Original Message-----
From: mpi3-abi-bounces_at_[hidden]
[mailto:mpi3-abi-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Jeff Brown
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 1:13 AM
To: MPI 3.0 ABI working group; MPI 3.0 ABI working group; MPI 3.0 ABI
working group; MPI 3.0 ABI working group
Subject: Re: [Mpi3-abi] For the April MPI Forum Meeting

Attached is the beginnings of a spreadsheet to capture the detailed
differences in the mpi.h implementations with the OpenMPI column
populated.  I'll get a start at LAMPI before the telecon.

I'll post to the wiki.

Talk to y'all in the morning (well, my morning).

Jeff

At 01:42 PM 4/21/2008, Jeff Brown wrote:
>all,
>
>I scheduled a telecon to discuss status and get somewhat organized
>for the meeting:
>
>Thursday April 24, 10:00 MDT
>local number:      606-1201(6-1201)
>toll free number:  888 343-0702.
>
>I'll send out some slides for the 5 minute briefing for the group.
>
>I'm having a hard time finding time to devote to this, but I'll have
>a cut at the OpenMPI and LAMPI analysis prior to the telecon.  We
>need someone to look at MPICH, and the vendor implementations need to
>be posted.
>
>Jeff
>

>At 10:03 AM 4/16/2008, Jeff Brown wrote:
> >Yes, it's time to put some cycles toward this.  Let's start
> >populating the matrix and have a telecon toward the end of next
> >week.  I'll schedule a WG working session at the meeting.
> >
> >I'll take a look at OpenMPI and LAMPI, the two primary MPI
> >implementations we use at LANL, and post to the wiki by the end of
> >the week.  Others, please do the same for your MPI implementation
> >(especially the vendors).  Overlap is OK.
> >
> >I'll send out specifics on the telecon.  Let's shoot for Thursday
> >April 24, 9:00 A.M. MST.
> >
> >Jeff
> >
> >At 09:51 AM 4/16/2008, Narasimhan, Kannan wrote:
> > >Folks,
> > >
> > >Are we planning on a WG update to report at the April 28-30 Forum
> > >meeting? We have started the process of identifying the mpi.h
> > >differences, but I dont think we have synthesized the data yet, or
> > >come to any conclusions/next steps... Or did I miss something here?
> > >
> > >Thanx!
> > >Kannan

Ellis
> > >Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 4:18 AM
> > >To: MPI 3.0 ABI working group
> > >Subject: Re: [Mpi3-abi] Meeting notes from 10th March
> > >

> > >I'm not sure how best to express this, but there are a couple of
> > >things that occur to me that might be important:
> > >
> > >1. The size of the handle types (cf. size of a pointer perhaps?)
> > >
> > >2. should we add some sort of table describing the current
situation
> > >as to how applications pick up the value of e.g. MPI_COMM_WORLD?
E.g.