[Mpi-forum] Discussion time for Tools WG

Marc-André Hermanns hermanns at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Tue May 10 02:05:53 CDT 2022

Dear Martin, all,

we don't have readings prepared, yet would like some discussion and
plenary time for the Tools topics.

A topic I would like to discuss (as it's currently blocking progress
[no pun intended] for the MPI_Request_get_status* ticket) is whether
get_status is intended to make progress. We would need Dan's input on
the distinct states of communication operations, here.

The other topic that touches people outside the WG would be the
composite type pairs. Joseph wanted to do some performance tests and
Jim is having a related topic (using Info objects on types) in the
HACC group, so it would be great if we would not be co-scheduled so
the two could join the discussion.

Cheers,
Marc-Andre
--
Dr. rer. nat. Marc-André Hermanns

IT Center
Group: High Performance Computing
Division: Computational Science and Engineering
RWTH Aachen University
Seffenter Weg 23
52074 Aachen
Phone: +49 241 80-24381