[Mpi-forum] Looking for MPI Forum Secretary Backup

Wesley Bland work at wesbland.com
Wed Jan 12 12:11:56 CST 2022

Hi all,

As I mentioned on virtual meeting call today, I’ll be changing jobs soon, and while I hope to continue participating in the MPI Forum in my current role as secretary, it seems like a good idea to start training someone as a backup for my role in the same way Jeff Squyres did with me years ago. Whether I end up stepping back from my current role before the next officer election or not, I intend to continue to serve as the secretary for at least 2022 to help train whomever might be interested in learning more about it.

To that end, Martin and I are soliciting folks who might be interested in learning more about the MPI Forum Secretary role and potentially taking over in the future to let us know (you can do that off-list), and we’d be happy to talk to people that would like to hear more about what that job entails.

As a logistical note, if you’re not already using work at wesbland.com <mailto:work at wesbland.com> to contact me via email (which I’ve been using on the mailing list for a few years now), you should switch over to that address at this point as my Intel email address will disappear in the near future.

Thanks,
Wes