[Mpi-forum] Process towards MPI 4.0 / Final Steps

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Tue Mar 30 04:03:08 CDT 2021

Dear Martin, Wesley, Bill and all,

> Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns - we will also address
> this in the meeting next week.

I detected that also Issue (K=) 468 was moved to MPI-4.1.

I updated the issues's abstract with a summary of the discussion
(which was partially within the Parrived progress discussion)
at the Feb. 2021 meeting.

Adding a 4th such test routine (after MPI_Test, Request_get_status, Win_test, Parrived),
it gets significantly more evident if for only one routine, Request_get_status,
there is no such written progress guarantee in the standard.

Therefore, we did this analysis and reading of adding at the Feb. meeting
for voting it into the standard in June.

There is no reason to break this result from the Feb. 2021 meeting.

Therefore, I put https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/468
back to the triage.

@Martin please put it for tomorrow on the agenda.

Best regards