[Mpi-forum] Next Virtual MPI Forum Meeting Next Week - Request for MPI 4.1 issues/topics

Guillaume Mercier guillaume.mercier at u-bordeaux.fr
Wed Jul 21 03:54:47 CDT 2021

Hello Martin,

Sorry to answer your message so late.
There are a couple of things I'd like to address for 4.1

1- all the clean-up stuff w.r.t (now) chapter 7, as I presented during
my reading in the last ratification meeting. This include (see attached
document):

* Add process topology functions that create communicators to the
various lists throughout the chapter
-> Issue #497, PR yet to create

* Remove/improve text for callback-copy functions
-> Issue #496, PR yet to create

* Improve semantic index
-> Issue #237, PR yet to create

* Library examples to reformat
-> Issue #229 (continued), PR yet to create

* Process → MPI Process where relevant
-> Issue #??? → PR#590

* Fix incorrect usage of ranks/tasks/etc
-> Issue #474 → PR#566

2- I'd like to resurrect issue #154 (A new function to query hardware
resource names, https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/154 )
with PR#143.
If you recall, people were OK with this in Albuquerque on the substance
but not on the interface. Using an MPI-defined new datastruct as a
parameter was suggested. That's was I should have done a while ago
and that is to be proposed. 4.1 seems a good target but I might be wrong
on this.

I'll do my best to attend today's meeting but I will have to
leave for a while because of another engagement that I can't postpone
nor defer.

Thanks,
Guillaume