[Mpi-forum] [EXTERNAL] Re: An f2c question

Pritchard Jr., Howard howardp at lanl.gov
Tue Aug 24 15:55:51 CDT 2021

Hi Ralph,

Okay, not quite right, looks like both mpich and open mpi use %MPI_VAL, so I'll go with that.

Thanks,

Howard

On 8/24/21, 2:28 PM, "Rolf Rabenseifner" <rabenseifner at hlrs.de> wrote:

    Dear Howard,

    SUBROUTINE MPI_TYPE_COMMIT(DATATYPE, IERR)
    INTEGER :: IERR
    ! some module USE to include the definition of TYPE(MPI_Datatype)
    TYPE(MPI_Datatype) :: DATATYPE
    CALL MPI_X_TYPE_COMMIT(DATATYPE%IMPI_VAL, IERR)
    RETURN
    END

    I do not know how to handle the optional ierr, but here is the way you should handle the datatype handle.

    Best regards
    Rolf