[Mpi-forum] adapting to the COVID-19 situation

Wesley Bland work at wesbland.com
Thu Mar 12 15:02:30 CDT 2020

Hey Jeff,

I’ve been talking about this with Martin and Bill Gropp to try to come up with a couple of options. We’re still working on figuring some details of what we can do so we can present them for the forum soon.

Since we don’t meet again in person until June, I think we have some time to make the final decision, but it’s probably reasonable to say that people shouldn’t buy plane tickets.


> On Mar 12, 2020, at 2:46 PM, Jeff Hammond via mpi-forum <mpi-forum at lists.mpi-forum.org> wrote:
> I assume everyone is aware that all the events and all the travel are being cancelled and why.  This includes standards body activities like ISO C++.  Many companies, including Intel, are strongly discouraging if not outright banning certain classes of travel.
> Given that it may be required to amend the MPI rules or obtain extraordinary dispensation from the steering committee, it seems prudent to start discussing our mitigation plans for the June meeting in Munich.
> Jeff
> -- 
> Jeff Hammond
> jeff.science at gmail.com <mailto:jeff.science at gmail.com>
> http://jeffhammond.github.io/ <http://jeffhammond.github.io/>_______________________________________________
> mpi-forum mailing list
> mpi-forum at lists.mpi-forum.org
> https://lists.mpi-forum.org/mailman/listinfo/mpi-forum

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mpi-forum.org/pipermail/mpi-forum/attachments/20200312/6db3d3f7/attachment.html>

More information about the mpi-forum mailing list