[Mpi-forum] "BigCount" rendering in PDF

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Jul 31 11:11:20 CDT 2019

On Jul 31, 2019, at 11:59 AM, Jeff Hammond <jeff.science at gmail.com> wrote:

> It’s a long email to read on my phone while on vacation.

Then stop reading on your phone while on vacation and defer this until next week!  ;-)

> If you don’t say C++, there’s no reason OMPI and MPICH can’t do the obvious, trivial and intelligent thing.

I guess I disagree with all three of those hyperbolic assertions.  :-)

You're ignoring the long tail of consequences here -- what about PMPI/tools?  What about other C++ features that we should be using, too?  ...?

jsquyres at cisco.com