[Mpi-forum] "BigCount" rendering in PDF

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 10:59:31 CDT 2019

It’s a long email to read on my phone while on vacation.

You just need a sentence that says C++ compilers support C bindings, including the C11 generic stuff, just using a very different mechanism. Is that going to delay MPI-4?

In any case, all the issues with polymorphism is exactly why it’s so important to have explicit symbols for C89/C99 usage so that implementations can add extensions that do the polymorphism stuff if it doesn’t get voted in. If you don’t say C++, there’s no reason OMPI and MPICH can’t do the obvious, trivial and intelligent thing.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone