[Mpi-forum] Draft agenda (hopefully) complete

Martin Schulz schulzm at in.tum.de
Thu May 24 01:41:26 CDT 2018

Hi all,

I complete the draft agenda for the Austin meeting. It is available at the usual place:

https://www.mpi-forum.org/meetings/2018/06/agenda <https://www.mpi-forum.org/meetings/2018/06/agenda>

First, please take a look at it and please let me know as soon as possible if something is missing or incorrect. Also, there are a lot of readings and ballots and I think all of them have been announced separately, but just in case - I will consider what is on the agenda now as officially announced in time. If you want to add something, please keep in mind that the deadline is Monday!

As you can see, I did get a lot of requests for WG time and for plenary items this time, which is a great sign and fits with the discussion on the timeline for the next standard, which I want to have in Austin, but it also makes the schedule very compressed. When we decided to reduce to basically 3 days, we all agreed to, worst case if needed, lengthen the days a bit and I want to make use of that this time.

Consequently, please note a) that we will start at 8:30 on Wed/Thu (I will leave it to the WGs on Tuesdays if the want to do that as well), b) we will run to 6pm or 6:30pm as needed on Tue/Wed, c) I moved general discussions like locations to the lunch slot, since these conversations end up in a more social discussion anyway, d) we have some limited plenaries already on Tuesday after the WGs, but also more WG time on Wednesday morning and e) I do expect that we run right up the end time of 12:30 on Thursday. Please plan accordingly.

As for the plenary, we need to get through all the readings this time as to not stall - we will try to get the updates done as well, but if we run out of time, we will move them to virtual meetings.

Thanks and looking forward to a packed and productive meeting!
See many of you soon,

Martin

PS: Please keep the discussion on future locations in mind and come with location suggestions as well as date constraints.

—
Email: schulzm at in.tum.de