[Mpi-forum] MPI Meetings Dates and Locations, Virtual Meetings, MPI 4.0 Timeline

Martin Schulz schulzm at in.tum.de
Tue Jul 17 00:56:47 CDT 2018

Hi all,

My apologies that this comes a bit delayed - during the last MPI forum meeting we had quite some discussions on future planning topics. Here is summary - if you have any comments, please speak up as soon as possible. I will add this to the webpages in the coming days and will consider it final, unless someone speaks up.

Thanks!

Martin

A) Virtual Meetings until the September Meeting

We agreed on the following meeting schedule - all meetings will be held at 8am US West Coast time, which seems to work better for US, Europe and Japan (should be 5pm Central Europe, midnight in Japan).

July 25: Pre-reading of MPI_T Events led by Marc-Andre
August 8: Discussion on semantic terms led by Puri
August 29: Pre-reading of MPI Process Failure ticket by Wesley

B) Dates and Locations for 2019

Spring: March 4-7 in Chattanooga (thanks, Tony)
Summer: May 28-31 in Chicago (thanks, Jithin) (note Tue-Fri due to Memorial Day)
Fall: around EuroMPI (which is 9/9-13) in Zürich (thanks, Torsten)
Winter: December 9-12 in Albuquerque (thanks Matthew)

C) MPI 4.0 Timeline

The general feeling in the forum was that it is a good time to start planning for a next release of the standard, since several large items are already in process of voting or close to it. The following is a proposed time line:

- Publish Draft Standard at SC 2018 (as per our new rules)
	Includes all tickets passed in Barcelona
- Publish Draft MPI 4.0 at SC 2019
	start ratification process in December 2019
	Final ratification meeting in March 2020
- Publish standard in time (latest) by ISC 2020

—
Email: schulzm at in.tum.de