[Mpi-forum] Next Virtual MPI Forum Meeting: 1/31/18 at 1pm CST

Martin Schulz schulzm at in.tum.de
Fri Jan 26 21:52:32 CST 2018

Hi all,

Just as a reminder: we’ll have our next virtual MPI forum meeting next Wednesday 1/31/18 at 1pm US Central time. Dan and Atsushi will discuss adding FP16 support to the MPI standard. In particular, they will discuss a new proposal to achieve this, which documented at:

https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/74 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/74>

Please try to attend this meeting - these meetings are intended to replace/shorten lengthy and repeated discussion at MPI forum meetings, but this will only work if we have all people with interest and/or comments for this topic on the phone.

The dial in information is listed on the MPI Forum webpage.

Thanks!

Martin

PS: To help the discussion, we will encourage everyone on the call to use video, if possible.

—
Prof. Dr. Martin Schulz, Lehrstuhl für Rechnertechnik und Rechnerorganisation
Fakultät für Informatik, TU-München, Boltzmannstraße 3, D-85748 Garching
Email: schulzm at in.tum.de