[Mpi-forum] another request for iaccept

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 00:41:11 CST 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 12:25 AM, George Bosilca <bosilca at icl.utk.edu>
wrote:

> JeffH,
>
> You might have been misled by the date on the ticket. This is an old
> (stale ticket) that was imported from TRAC when we moved to github. Thanks
> for pointing it out.

So the current release of Open-MPI supports MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE for all
BTL/MTL without exception?  That is fantastic, because it means that the
application community can finally move forward with interesting MPI+X
designs.

Please close that Github ticket now, because I frequently cite it as
evidence that the MPI community does not take threads seriously and users
unfortunately must rely upon MPICH-based implementations rather than
implementations of the MPI standard in order to use MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE.

Jeff

Jeff Hammond
jeff.science at gmail.com
http://jeffhammond.github.io/