[Mpi-forum] another request for iaccept

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Thu Feb 25 14:44:49 CST 2016

Some of the rationales do not apply.  In particular, I don’t believe these are important for Accept:

1) Low overhead (justifies Isend/Irecv etc.)
2) Scarcity of threads (e.g., the BlueGene/L rationale)

There are some interactions with multiple-competion routines and limitations in the generalized requests, but fixing generalized requests would be a more general solution.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
Chief Scientist, NCSA
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign