[Mpi-forum] Github GitHub GITHUB!

Bland, Wesley wesley.bland at intel.com
Mon Nov 9 09:11:36 CST 2015

We set it up that way by default because there are times where a WG might want to publicize an internal issue for external opinions. That being said, there’s certainly no requirement to keep things that way. We just set up WG repositories the same way to be consistent and easier to get started. If you want to change the way things work for the groups you’re involved in, you’re welcome to do so. The only thing that needs to stay the way it is is the main mpi-forum org. All of the WGs are welcome to run themselves however they like.

We weren’t trying to change the system we had in place with Trac, just augment it with more options for WGs that wanted to publicize their work. You can think of this more like the WG Trac pages (which have always been public).