[Mpi-forum] MPI Forum Meeting Schedule for 2016

Schulz Martin schulzm at llnl.gov
Tue Jun 16 10:43:19 CDT 2015

Hi all,

I just realized that this email I sent a week ago never made it out and got
stuck in our list server. So here it is again, with some updates. Please
respond to the doodle poll below soon.

During the MPI forum meeting two weeks ago in Chicago, we had a discussion
about future locations for the MPI forum. The general consensus was to keep
the 3 US + EuroMPI meeting schedule and to also keep the length for each
meeting (Mon afternoon to Thu noon for the US meetings). As for locations
and dates, here is the current proposal:

Chicago (Microsoft facility downtown):
2/29-3/3 -OR­ 3/7-3/10 (see below)

Seattle (Microsoft facility downtown):
6/6-6/9
However, it turns out that the facility has no meeting room large enough for
us ­ the proposal is therefore to hold the meeting in Bellevue near Seattle
at the same dates.

Edinburgh (hosted by EPCC, part of EuroMPI):
9/21-9/23 (before EuroMPI)

Dallas (IBM facility)
12/5-12/8

All these dates and locations are tentative ­ please check all dates for
obvious conflicts. If there are any, please send me email and I¹ll collect
them.

As for Chicago ­ either week works and matches previous schedules. I have
setup a doodle poll, so we can decide which one to use. The link is:

http://doodle.com/qnhmueikzgf6veeb

Please use a ³NO² only if there is a serious conflict and use the ³Maybe²
option if you have a personal preference.

I would like to move quickly on this, though, to make sure our hosts have
time to lock in the facilities. So, please participate in the doodle poll
and send me potential conflicts by 6/20, this Friday.

Thanks!

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://scalability.llnl.gov/
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA