[Mpi-forum] Problem with Hotel Logistics for June Forum Meeting

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Sun May 11 01:32:09 CDT 2014

Hi all,

Based on the initial positive response, Rich looked into the hotel options
around O¹Hare, but apparently that doesn¹t seem feasible. The quote he got
at the hotel we have been using for previous events, and which used to be
one of the more reasonable ones, was that we would have to buy food for
$2500 per day, i.e., we would have to spend $10K for the four days, which is
a bit too high (and that didn¹t even count power strips and projectors,
yet).

With that we are back to the Microsoft downtown option ­ at least we know we
have great facilities there, but unfortunately this means there won¹t be any
help with hotels this time. I hope this doesn¹t cause any insurmountable
problems for anyone  - if so, please let me know.

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://scalability.llnl.gov/
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA