[Mpi-forum] MPI Ain't and MPI 3.1

Jim Dinan james.dinan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 10:45:47 CDT 2013

Hi Nick,

I've just gotten around to updating the ticket with feedback from the June
meeting.  My apologies, the ticket was way out of sync with the progress on
this issue.  I'm hopeful that the new proposal text addresses your concerns
with respect to segmented and tagged architectures:

https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/349

The solution you described is similar to "proposed solution #2" on the
ticket, which won't work for Fortran, because Fortran lacks the unsigned
integers we would need for the MPI_Disp type.

 ~Jim.