[Mpi-forum] MPI Forum voting rules: new version

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Thu Jan 17 05:02:11 CST 2013

Here is a list of small change requests/proposals:

Page 3, one can read:
  Here is the description of the process for
  updating the MPI standard for MPI-3.
Please change "MPI-3"
into "the next version of the MPI standard"

Page 4, one can read
  This formal reading requires also the make reviewchangeonlydoc pdf
  file, which has identical text content as the final document, but all
  changes since MPI-2.2 are still colored.
Please change "since MPI-2.2"
into "since the current official version of MPI".

Page 5, one can read:
  SVN Revision 691 is identical to the MPI-3.0 Draft
  document from Nov. 12, 2010.
but should read
  SVN Revision 1627 is identical to the final MPI-3.0 document
  from Sep. 21, 2012 (it includes late changes that are part
  of the official document as it is on the web (and printed)).
  Revision 1627 still includes all change-macros.
  The basis for next MPI will be a cleaned SVN revision, i.e.,
  without all these change-macros.
  This cleaned version does not yet exist.

Page 8, 5. (c) reads:
  (c) The organization had at least one of its
  representatives physically present at any time during
  that specific physical MPI Forum meeting.
The wording "any time" seems to be not intended.
It may be substituted by:
  (c) The organization started to have at least one of its
  representatives physically present at
  that specific physical MPI Forum meeting.

Rolf