[Mpi-forum] MPI "Allocate receive" proposal

Rusty Lusk lusk at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 26 10:27:05 CDT 2013

It's not quite the same.  If your buffer allocation (via malloc) after a probe fails, you can decide what to do (e.g. free some other memory and try again.)  The message isn't lost, and you may be in an unhappy state but not an undefined state.  I like the idea except for the introduction of the undefined result.  Perhaps this could be fixed.

Rusty