[Mpi-forum] Meeting schedule for 2013

Mohamad Chaarawi chaarawi at hdfgroup.org
Wed Sep 26 11:28:49 CDT 2012

Hi Rich,

On 9/26/2012 10:30 AM, Richard Graham wrote:
> Therefore, I propose to keep the European meeting of the Forum in
> conjunction with EuroMPI, and every other year also have a meeting in
> Japan.  With this in mind, here is the proposed schedule for 2012

The majority at the last meeting in Chicago were against having 2
meetings internationally. We had several votes on different formations
(4-0, 3-1, and 2-2), and 3-1 was the majority vote.

It would have been fair to have a similar vote in Europe and see how the
participants vote..
Did the attendance at the Vienna meeting vote on a different schedule,
or is your change coming from just some concerns (which are also valid)
from some people?

Can we have a formal organizational Vote by eligible organizations on
this instead of just scheduling meetings based on suggestions that vary
from meeting to meeting?
This vote can be done over the phone.

Thanks,
Mohamad