[Mpi-forum] Meeting schedule for 2013

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Oct 9 09:57:08 CDT 2012

There were 12 responses on the spreadsheet; many thanks.  See the spreadsheet yourself:

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtJBC25MGsp3dDd3bmhuRllybEpqRnpPbEhZT3JFd3c

Summary of results (easy ones first), including my conclusions from the responses:

1. June meeting is uniformly ok with Chicago on Jun 10-13.  One organization has a conflict with the dates.
   --> My conclusion: this meeting is probably ok.

2. December meeting is uniformly ok with Dec 9-12.  3 votes for San Jose.  7 votes for Chicago.  3 votes for "don't care".
   --> My conclusion: first choice: Chicago, second choice: San Jose

3. March meeting is uniformly ok with the Mar 11-14 dates.  A lot of "Prefer Chicago" and "Prefer San Jose" votes.  Several "Cannot attend if in Japan" votes, paired with several Japan as last preference for those who could attend in Japan.  5 votes for "only 1 non-US meeting per year".
   --> My conclusion: first choice: Chicago, second choice San Jose, third choice: Japan.

==> Sidenote: speaking as a hosting organization -- if we have US meetings, it would be nice to alternate between Chicago and San Jose (vs. 3 meetings in Chicago).  I like the wifi in San Jose better.  ;-)

4. September meeting: most votes about the dates are "don't care" or "near EuroMPI".  2 votes for before EuroMPI; 1 vote for after EuroMPI.  9 votes for Madrid/colo with EuroMPI, 4 "don't care".  5 explicit mentions of "only 1 non-US meeting per year."
   --> My conclusion: Madrid, before EuroMPI.