[Mpi-forum] Meeting schedule for 2013

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Mon Oct 1 03:58:42 CDT 2012

> So far, what I see from the mailing list and the in-person
> conversations earlier this week, is that most folks are in favor of
> keeping the connection. We can have a mail vote on this, or can
> postpone to the Dec meeting - no hurry on this one.

I need to fix my major dates more than one year in advance.
Therefore, I'm very late with September 2013 and would like
to have it fixed as soon as possible.

Therefore, I would like that Jeff is doing a email voting
by institutions after we fixed the questions:

I see two questions that need a formal decision:

A. The location:
 - Sep 2013 meeting in USA
   (currently proposed for Sep. 9-11 in San Jose),
 - Sep 2013 before or after the EuroMPI in Madrid, Spain.
   The EuroMPI is Sep. 15-18, 2013.

If we choose the second option, then we have mainly
the two options:
B. The exact date:
 - The days directly after the EuroMPI,
   i.e., Sep. 19-21, 2013 (which would imply together with the
   flights (one/two days in the two directions from US/Asia) a
   non-pause travel of 2+3+3+1=9 days when omitting the tutorial day)
 - The week before with a free Saturday and three full days,
   i.e., Wed-Fri, Sep. 11-13, 2013 (the probably more healthy option)

Best regards
Rolf