[Mpi-forum] [EXTERNAL] July meeting

Barrett, Brian W bwbarre at sandia.gov
Wed Jun 20 09:03:05 CDT 2012

But that's not what we agreed to do.  If we need to be more efficient with
our time, then let's figure out how to.  But every meeting we have an
agenda that goes late in the afternoon on the last day, we had a long
discussion about how we wouldn't do that when we went to four day
meetings, and now we're going to 2:30 again.  Which wouldn't be so bad,
except that we rarely go anywhere near as late as scheduled on the last
day, but I'm not willing to "guess' on that and miss the final logistics /
MPI next discussions.

The fact that chapter edits 1) are largely serialized and 2) have time
which in no way reflects the number of changes (for example, I/O needs as
much time as one-sided) suggests that either we've done something terribly
wrong with the process or are bad at guessing time allocations.

Either way, we should rework the schedule to conform to the meeting
schedule we all agreed to when we decided to do these 4 day marathons...

Brian