[Mpi-forum] make check is busted!

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Tue Jan 31 09:16:11 CST 2012

Fab,

Yes, make check should build cleanly.  For example, the errors in coll.tex are Fortran 90 subroutines, listed as complete routines, that are missing the required "END" statement.  There are also "naked" examples that don't have the proper annotations; these should be added.

For those that don't know about the "make check" option - this makes sure that our examples don't have simple errors in them - it requires a small amount of work to add the necessary annotations (documented and examples exist throughout the source) and our experience has been that this catches a lot of errors that would otherwise be missed.  In looking over the make check output, I see quite a few of those.  Chapter authors should check their chapters.

Bill