[Mpi-forum] RMA implementation available for review

Barrett, Brian W bwbarre at sandia.gov
Tue Oct 11 22:00:31 CDT 2011

Hi all -

In anticipation of a vote on the revised one-sided implementation (ticket
#270), I'd like to announce the availability of an implementation of the
proposed changes.  The implementation is over the Portals 4 interface, and
is purely one-sided.  You can find the implementation at the following SVN
repository:

  http://svn.open-mpi.org/svn/ompi/tmp-public/mpi3-onesided/

The implementation is found in ompi/mca/osc/portals4/.  At this time, the
implementation is mostly complete, but completely unoptimized.  The only
piece not implemented is support for user-defined datatypes (other than
simple contiguous vectors).  There are existing pure one-sided
implementations which implement complex datatypes, so this is not an area
of concern in terms of implementability.  There is an if statement to
check for complex datatypes, so the code path for simple datatypes will
not get any longer when such support is added, meaning performance changes
should also not be an area of concern.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.  The
implementation is still being tested and optimized, so it will be changing
over time.

Brian

--
  Brian W. Barrett