[Mpi-forum] MPI 3.0 voting
rlgraham32 at msn.com
Tue May 17 00:35:58 CDT 2011
Attached is the list of proposals that are under consideration for key
features that will gate the MPI-3.0 release. Each organization should
vote for 3 items on this list, by sending a note to Jeff Squyres and
myself, by end of the day Sunday, 5/22/2011. The top three items will
be the gating items for release 3.0.
- RMA - Significant enhancements to MPI's one-sided communication to
incorporate requests from multiple user communities and codification
of established practice
- FT stabilization - A proposal that defines semantics for MPI to
continue and function upon failure, due to process failure.
- Fortran bindings - improved Fortran bindings, taking into account
Fortran 2003 and 2008 features.
- MPI-T - The MPI_T interface, proposed in ticket #266, provides a mechanism for
the MPI implementation to expose a set of variables, each of which represent a
particular property, setting, or performance measurement from within the MPI
implementation. Tools can use this information to help users understand and
optimize the configuration of the MPI library and/or the performance of their
- Neighborhood collectives - scalable sparse collective support
- Const - Make the MPI binding const correct
- MPI Count - Add the mpi count type
- Nonblocking collective I/O - extend nonblocking collective support to
- Hybrid: Shared memory communicator, Threads, and Endpoint proposals
- Persistence - expand the support for persistent communications, for optimal
The eligible organizations include:
- Indiana U.
- U Alabama Birmingham
- U Tennessee
- U. Tokyo
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mpi-forum