[Mpi-forum] Reference-counted MPI_INIT/FINALIZE

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Jul 20 07:00:48 CDT 2011

Brian and I pitched a new concept yesterday: reference-counted versions of INIT and FINALIZE to make initialization and, more importantly, finalization, easier for layered MPI-based middleware.

Although the slides are posted on the web site, note that we got a lot of excellent feedback from the Forum.  For those who were not in attendance, please know that because of this feedback, we're likely to advance the ref-counted INIT/FINALIZE concept, but differently than it is presented in the slides.

More to come.

jsquyres at cisco.com
For corporate legal information go to: