[Mpi-forum] Which document to reference when creating new tickets?

Fab Tillier ftillier at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 7 14:02:39 CST 2011

Bronis R. de Supinski wrote on Fri, 7 Jan 2011 at 11:49:23

> Rolf:
>
> I have to disagree. When I apply updates, I will apply
> them to the current version of the files. It makes much
> more sense to write tickets in terms of the most recent
> golden copy since that is what will be modified.

Is the MPI 3.0 draft a golden copy, or merely silver since it's not complete?

> I do agree that existing tickets should be left as they
> stand. I also strongly agree that any ticket should
> clearly reference whatever version it is based on.

I just want to make sure that I don't end up in some procedural BS due to referencing the wrong document.  I don't care much which document to reference, and it seems to me to that we should:

1. Reference the latest draft when the ticket is created.
2. Keep the draft reference constant for the life of the ticket.

Does anyone object to these 'rules'?

Thanks,
-Fab