[Mpi-forum] Cleaning up the MPI Forum web site

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Fri Feb 4 09:46:15 CST 2011

The MPI Forum web site (www.mpi-forum.org) dates from the MPI-2 effort
and contains a lot of stuff that is of limited use (for example, the
email archives for the MPI 2 process).  I'd like to clean up the web
site (retaining copies of everything), limiting the web site to the
documents, description of the Forum and processes, and pointers to the
ongoing efforts.  My questions are

(1) Do you agree with removing (though retaining a copy) the archives
from MPI-2.0.  Note that there are no MPI-1 archives, and the MPI-2.0
archives contain only the emails of some of the discussions.  I'd
rather not include incomplete archives, and at this point, I don't
think they have much value.

(2) I propose a minimal reformat of the page - nothing fancy, but a
change. Is that ok, or should the pages stay the same?

I will produce a draft version for inspection before making the
change.  This is part of moving the material to a new server, in part
in reaction to the recent access outage.  Let me know what you think.

Bill

William Gropp
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Paul and Cynthia Saylor Professor of Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign