[Mpi-forum] Request introspection

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Tue Aug 2 10:33:57 CDT 2011

There are already requests for I/O operations on files (just not
collective nonblocking file I/O).

For a tool, this isn't detailed enough - given a request at random,
even for point-to-point, whether it is a send or receive, and whether
it is persistent or not, is important.

However, requests are also on the critical path for performance.  I'm
opposed to anything that adds yet more overhead; there are also
alternatives for tools to use (though they require much more work on
the part of the tool developer).

Bill