[Mpi-forum] Comment on Fortran WG5 ballot N1846

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Tue Apr 12 05:57:42 CDT 2011

John and Bill,

thank you for your clarifications.

"For asynchronous output, a pending input/output storage sequence affector (9.6.2.5) shall not be redefined,
become undefined, or have its pointer association status changed.
For asynchronous input, a pending input/output storage sequence affector shall not be referenced, become defined,
become undefined, become associated with a dummy argument that has the VALUE attribute, or have its pointer
association status changed."

seems to be the key.
As long as one word of an array is part of pending a async input or output, the whole array must not be
referenced or redefined.

Therefore, my example does not work in combination with the definition
of a pending input/output storage sequence affector.

I'll think about the implication on MPI nonblocking.

Best regards
Rolf