[Mpi-forum] Changelog question

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Apr 20 16:07:30 CDT 2011

Rolf --

Per your comments, we made up a changelog entry for the MPI_Count ticket.  MPI_Count isn't *too* large, but it does touch a lot of individual places.

Here's how our changelog entry rendered in PDF; is this generally what you had in mind?

-----
Section 2.5.8 on page 16, Section 3.2.2 on page 29, Section 3.3 on page 31, Section 4.1.5 on page 97, Section 4.1.7 on page 99, Section 4.1.8 on page 101, Section 4.1.11 on page 105, Section 5.9.2 on page 172, Section 12.3 on page 412, Section A.1.1 on page 545,

Introduce MPI_Count, a type large enough to represent element counts in memory, file views, etc., and associated functions.
-----

Or should we be more brief and not list every individual section/page that we touched?  I could see this getting problematic for some other tickets (e.g., Fortran).

jsquyres at cisco.com
For corporate legal information go to: