[Mpi-forum] Ticket approval policy

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Tue Sep 28 10:39:23 CDT 2010

This is one of the reasons that we are reconstituting the chapter
committees to follow the process we used for MPI-1 and MPI-2 -
chapters (and the document) need to be considered as a whole.  Votes
should be on consistent parts of the document (typically but not
always chapters).  This is different than the process for the minor
corrections to the standard in MPI 2.1 and MPI 2.2.

Bill

On Sep 28, 2010, at 10:27 AM, Richard Treumann wrote:

> Do Forum members accept the philosophical principle that any ticket
> presented for a vote must stand on its own?
>
> That is, a ticket should be rejected by the Forum if it requires the
> passage of some pending ticket to be made reasonable.  The
> dependant  ticket can be merged into the connected ticket before it
> is brought to the Plenary session.
>
> (Perhaps it can be clearly marked as "Approval of tickets x, y, z
> are all prerequisites for voting this")
>
>                 Thanks - Dick
>

> Dick Treumann  -  MPI Team
> IBM Systems & Technology Group
> Dept X2ZA / MS P963 -- 2455 South Road -- Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
> Tele (845) 433-7846         Fax (845) 433-8363
> <ATT00001..txt>

William Gropp
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Paul and Cynthia Saylor Professor of Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign