[Mpi-forum] Draft standard

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Mon Nov 8 14:47:58 CST 2010

Rich,

I'm clearly against producing a draft that is already known to
be incorrect, because new text (here a sentence about status.MPI_ERROR)
in the new nonblocking collectives chapter is inconsistent with the
existing MPI-2.2 standard.
We discussed this problem on the ticket, and Bill and Bronis could
agree that we can correct the text.
It is a major job of the chapter's committee to make such corrections.

The sense of such a MPI-3.0 draft is not to show up at SC10,
the sense is to have a clear basis for all MPI library developers
to implement nonblocking collectives in their MPI libraries.
This basis should be as correct as possible.

Please take the time to review the technical problem instead of
being only formal.

If you want to be formal, then please feel free to make a
formal on-line vote on this small change.
I believe that such a vote is needed only for the final MPI-3.0,
not for a corrected draft-3.0.

Rolf