[Mpi-forum] Final version of cleaned up Chapter 5 (Collective Operations) including NBC

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Tue May 25 18:46:46 CDT 2010

Hi Bin,
> What was the decision on the ownership of array parameters in vector type
> nonblocking collectives?
> I did not find related discussions in the posted PDF.
Thanks, that was discussed and we decided to leave the ownership to the
library, i.e., the user is not allowed to change displs or counts.

However, since this is not a minor change and we already voted on the
document, we decided that we would need to file this as a separate
ticket. I just filed a ticket:
https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/223

The change is obvious and non-controversial and the solution is trivial.
I hope we can read it at the next Forum meeting together with the draft
chapter.

Thanks & All the Best,
   Torsten

--
Torsten Hoefler         | Research Associate