[Mpi-forum] 2011 meetings

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Thu Jul 8 13:52:35 CDT 2010

5 meetings in San Francisco and Chicago means
3+2 or 2+3.
With Chicago in winter time, the question is not the temperature,
it is the snow which sometimes continuously falls 3 days
(as I read). It is bad to make a 48h meeting slots
and the airplanes have problems to arrive.
Okay, some may have problems at their starting point
but not the whole forum.
Therefore, the sequence SFO - ORD - SFO - ORD - (SFO in Dec?)
seems quite natural.
And the Dec.-meeting should be not needed.
We wanted to finish before SC, i.e., at EuroMPI meeting.

And SFO is a bit worse for Europe, but significantly better
for Japanese attendees.

Rich, what is your opinion now?

Best regards
Rolf