[Mpi-forum] More on registration

Richard Graham rlgraham at ornl.gov
Thu Apr 3 15:46:36 CDT 2008

I am being asked the same questions multiple times, so here are answers to
all.  If you indicate hotel preference on the registration form, the room
will be reserved for you - you need not contact the hotel.

ORNL has reserved 80 rooms for the meeting (which is what we have reserved
for the first towo meetings).  This time we are at about 50% of this
reservation, and are on the hook for paying for the rooms that are not used.
This was done to allow people a better hotel rate (not US gov people, as we
can get the gov rate on single rooms) and ensure a central housing
accommodation.  IF there are a large number of unused rooms, these costs
will have to be recovered by registration for the next meeting.

The hotel room block was reserved because I was told at the SC meeting that
getting the government rate for all would be really help, but we can't do
this if we are subsidizing these rooms.  Is this really helpful ?

Thanks,
Rich