[Mpi-comments] Knowing differences between MPI versions

Bland, Wesley wesley.bland at intel.com
Tue Aug 4 12:00:13 CDT 2015

It’s not in version 1.3, but for all other versions, you can look at the changelog (Annex B) in the PDF for differences from one version to another.

On Aug 4, 2015, at 11:51 AM, Both, Michael (GE Intelligent Platforms, US) <michael.both at ge.com<mailto:michael.both at ge.com>> wrote:

Hi,

How do I determine the changes between minor versions?
For examples, what’s the difference between version 1.2 and 1.3?
I created a 1.2 implementation about 10 years ago, and I’d like to know specifically what I need to add to make it 1.3 compliant.
I looked at the 1.3 MPI document but it does not appear to have a section that shows the differences from the 1.2 version.

Also, If I intend to update the implementation to 3.1, what is the best way to know the differences between 3.1 and 1.3?

Thanks,
Michael