[Mpi-22] [MPI Forum] #7: Function pointer typedefs: "_function" vs. "_fn"

William Gropp wgropp at [hidden]
Wed Sep 2 07:27:56 CDT 2009

If you build the version with changes, all of the macros in the
deleted or replaced code are still executed, which means that side-
effects, such as index entries, are added.  I checked the official
version, and the only index entries for the _fn versions are from the
deprecated discussion and the change log.

Bill

On Sep 2, 2009, at 5:27 AM, MPI Forum wrote:

> #7: Function pointer typedefs: "_function" vs. "_fn"
> +------------------
>                    Reporter:  jsquyres
> |                       Owner:  jsquyres
>                        Type:  Enhancements to standard
>              Implementation:  Completed                 |
> Author_bill_gropp:  1
>          Author_rich_graham:  0                         |
> Author_adam_moody:  0
>      Author_torsten_hoefler:  0                         |
> Author_dick_treumann:  0
> Author_jesper_larsson_traeff:  0                         |
> Author_george_bosilca:  1
>           Author_david_solt:  0                         |
> Author_bronis_de_supinski:  0
>        Author_rajeev_thakur:  0                         |
> Author_jeff_squyres:  0
>    Author_alexander_supalov:  1                         |
> Author_rolf_rabenseifner:  1
> +------------------
>
> Comment(by bronis):
>
> Perhaps I am just confused. Why do the *_fn items still appear in the
> index in ticket7_all_except_inquiry.pdf? Is it outdated?
>
> I have a low bandwidth connection and I would like to avoid pulling
> down
> the current version of the whole document...
>
> It appears impossible to check the index without doing that but it
> also
> seems unlikely looking at the comment history that the old entries
> have
> been removed.
>
> PDF review of everything other than the index is OK.
>
> --
> Ticket URL: <https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/7#comment:45
> >
> MPI Forum <https://svn.mpi-forum.org/>
> MPI Forum

William Gropp
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Paul and Cynthia Saylor Professor of Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign