[Mpi-22] [MPI Forum] #146: Fix MPI_INIT description text

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at [hidden]
Tue Sep 1 16:58:12 CDT 2009

Jeff,

I forward in the next mail Bill's answer to an earlier question on
this topic.
Currently, all 82 valid MPI-2.2 are kept as unclosed.
They go from passed to wait pdf to complete.
I expect that Bill will do the final step to close all 82 tickets
when MPI-2.2 is done.

Attached is your latest state diagram.

Best regards
Rolf

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 15:50:54 +0200
  Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Rolf --
>
> I don't understand.  I *did* follow my own state diagram -- ticket
> #146 is done done done, so I resolved it in the "Ticket Complete"
> state.  I attached the PDF for reference.
>
> You're saying that the ticket should be left open and just have its
> priority changed to "Text Committed".  I disagree.
>
> The state diagram has the ticket state go to "Text Committed", not
> "Text Committed" followed by resolving it in "Text Committed"
> *again*.  It was definitely my intention when making this state
> diagram that tickets should be *resolved* (i.e., closed) in with the
> "Text Committed" state.  If there is a "Text Committed" priority
>(and  I see that there is), I believe that to be a mistake.
>
> To be clear -- "Withdrawn", "Rejected", and "Deferred" are
>resolution  (closing) states.  They are not priorities.  "Text
>Committed" was  intended to be the same.
>
> Perhaps I'm just grouchy from jet lag.  :-)
>

> On Sep 1, 2009, at 3:40 PM, MPI Forum wrote:
>
>> #146: Fix MPI_INIT description text
>> +--------------------------
>>                  Reporter:  jsquyres
>> |                          Owner:  jsquyres
>>                      Type:  Text (only) changes
>> Implementation:  Unnecessary
>>         Author_bill_gropp:  0                    |
>> Author_rich_graham:  0
>>         Author_adam_moody:  0                    |
>> Author_torsten_hoefler:  0
>>      Author_dick_treumann:  0                    |
>> Author_jesper_larsson_traeff:  0
>>     Author_george_bosilca:  1                    |
>> Author_david_solt:  0
>> Author_bronis_de_supinski:  0                    |
>> Author_rajeev_thakur:  0
>>       Author_jeff_squyres:  0                    |
>> Author_alexander_supalov:  0
>>  Author_rolf_rabenseifner:  0                    |
>> +--------------------------
>> Changes (by RolfRabenseifner):
>>
>>   * priority:  Waiting for PDF reviews => Ticket complete
>>   * status:  closed => reopened
>>   * resolution:  Text committed =>
>>

>> Comment:
>>
>>  Sory Jeff, our rule is open + ticket complete.
>>
>>  Please see your own diagram.
>>
>> --
>> Ticket URL:
>><https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/146#comment:26
>> >
>> MPI Forum <https://svn.mpi-forum.org/>
>> MPI Forum
>>

> --
> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. email rabenseifner_at_[hidden]
Nobelstr. 19, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany . (Office: Allmandring 30)

*