[Mpi-22] [MPI Forum] #146: Fix MPI_INIT description text

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at [hidden]
Tue Sep 1 08:50:54 CDT 2009

Rolf --

I don't understand.  I *did* follow my own state diagram -- ticket
#146 is done done done, so I resolved it in the "Ticket Complete"
state.  I attached the PDF for reference.

You're saying that the ticket should be left open and just have its
priority changed to "Text Committed".  I disagree.

The state diagram has the ticket state go to "Text Committed", not
"Text Committed" followed by resolving it in "Text Committed"
*again*.  It was definitely my intention when making this state
diagram that tickets should be *resolved* (i.e., closed) in with the
"Text Committed" state.  If there is a "Text Committed" priority (and
I see that there is), I believe that to be a mistake.

To be clear -- "Withdrawn", "Rejected", and "Deferred" are resolution
(closing) states.  They are not priorities.  "Text Committed" was
intended to be the same.

Perhaps I'm just grouchy from jet lag.  :-)

On Sep 1, 2009, at 3:40 PM, MPI Forum wrote:

> #146: Fix MPI_INIT description text
> +--------------------------
>                  Reporter:  jsquyres
> |                          Owner:  jsquyres
>                      Type:  Text (only) changes
> Implementation:  Unnecessary
>         Author_bill_gropp:  0                    |
> Author_rich_graham:  0
>         Author_adam_moody:  0                    |
> Author_torsten_hoefler:  0
>      Author_dick_treumann:  0                    |
> Author_jesper_larsson_traeff:  0
>     Author_george_bosilca:  1                    |
> Author_david_solt:  0
> Author_bronis_de_supinski:  0                    |
> Author_rajeev_thakur:  0
>       Author_jeff_squyres:  0                    |
> Author_alexander_supalov:  0
>  Author_rolf_rabenseifner:  0                    |
> +--------------------------
> Changes (by RolfRabenseifner):
>
>   * priority:  Waiting for PDF reviews => Ticket complete
>   * status:  closed => reopened
>   * resolution:  Text committed =>
>

> Comment:
>
>  Sory Jeff, our rule is open + ticket complete.
>
>  Please see your own diagram.
>
> --
> Ticket URL: <https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/146#comment:26
> >
> MPI Forum <https://svn.mpi-forum.org/>