[Mpi-22] SVN committing MPI-2.2 latex

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at [hidden]
Thu Jun 11 07:37:26 CDT 2009

Torsten raised an excellent point in Menlo Park: we need to amend our
2.2 ticket process to include appropriate checks after a proposal has
passed to ensure that the resulting text is committed properly and
without errors.

As discussed in Menlo Park, the suggestion is that chapter authors
commit the text to SVN and then attach a PDF to the ticket to get
reviewed by the existing ticket reviewers (potentially just a few PDF
pages showing the changes).  Reviewers check that the resulting PDF is
exactly what was passed in the body of the proposal.  Once the PDF
passes review, the ticket can be closed.

--> Rolf/Bill: chapter authors will need guidance on the appropriate
Latex markup for signifying changes for MPI-2.2 (e.g., the text-
coloring magic).

A picture is worth 1,000 words: I have attached a suggested diagram of
Trac ticket state transitions -- the new states are yellow and
underlined (some old states changed names slightly; those changed are
yellow/underlined as well).

Comments?  (particularly from Bill and chapter authors)

Cisco Systems

*